Collection of useful cryptography related links
Trying to best fit our customers needs we have collected here a number of links, to allow you to study in depth the different encryption related terms and tools.
Standards and algorithms
A selection of different standards and algorithms in cryptography that are most common at the moment:
- AES - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Encryption_Standard
- DES - http://www.itl.nist.gov/fipspubs/fip46-2.htm
- 3DES - http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/fips/fips46-3/fips46-3.pdf
- IDEA - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Data_Encryption_Algorithm
- DH key exchange - http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2631.txt
- FIPS 140-2 levels - http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/fips/fips140-2/fips1402.pdf
- Elliptic curves - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliptic_curve_cryptography
International bodies requiring hardware security modules
- Payment card industry imposes new requirements on all companies which perform more than $1.3M worth of transactions with credit cards. Standard version 1.1
- The EU directive 95/46/EC mandates appropriate safeguards for stored personal data to protect against unauthorized access to, or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
- Directive 2002/58/EC of the European Parliament relates to the privacy and electronic communications of data. It stipulates that organizations use appropriate technical and organizational means to protect against unauthorized access or processing of private data. The directive also allows sufficient protection and safeguards to ensure only authorized and necessary access to this data by any parties operating outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).